The New England Poetry Club (NEPC) is looking for its next President. This person will help chart the course of the club and work with other board members to build a vibrant and welcoming community. The application deadline is March 31, 2022.
QUALITIES THAT MAKE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR THIS ROLE
- Love of poetry and belief in its potential as an agent of change
- Commitment to sustaining and expanding our community and to creating opportunities for poets and readers
- Leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively and effectively with others
- Openness of heart and mind
ROLE OF THE PRESIDENT
To lead the organization by coordinating the activities of board members and working committees of the NEPC. To be the face of the NEPC with respect to the community of poets and to the public.
- Convene and lead monthly board meetings
- Represent the NEPC to the New England community
- Ensure the NEPC’s dedication to its diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) agenda
- Serve on the board of the Friends of the Longfellow House-Washington’s Headquarters, venue of summer programs
- Collaborate with other board members and committees of the NEPC to:
- facilitate ongoing communication with membership and the poetry community
- arrange readings and events for members and the public
- organize poetry workshops and foster education in poetry
- partner with and build relationships with other organizations
- award prizes and grants to poets and organizations
- ensure sustainability and financial health of the NEPC
- foster broader membership, including bringing in younger members
- develop and mentor future leaders of the NEPC
If you are interested in this volunteer position, submit the following (in Word or PDF format) to NEPC advisory member Danielle Legros Georges on or before March 31, 2022:
A brief statement of interest, including a summary of your leadership experience in work and/or volunteer contexts, as well as your background and participation in poetry and in community-building, and anything else you’d like us to know about you. Sharing your resume is optional.
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading NEPC President; please include your telephone number and email address.